Translate

Wednesday 15 November 2017

HOW TO FIND BLOG POST INSPIRATION

HOW TO FIND BLOG POST INSPIRATION



It really does blow my mind when I remember I’ve been blogging for over six years and still haven’t run out of things to post about! Even now, my content calendar for the coming months is packed full (although I won’t have time to write them all, but they’re there anyway) and I have a notepad beside me with a list of ideas.
I try to post here every second day, so 3.5 times per week on average. Some days I fall behind, especially with travelling and also Netflix, and other times I end up posting an extra lil somethin’ – but I think overall my posts are quite consistent, even in their topics. Aren’t I a special snowflake?
So for one day only, I’m going to reveal my blogging tricks; where I find inspiration, how I manage to have a backlog of post ideas and also a few tips that I think have helped my blog grow…

Write Posts You Yourself Want To Read
This is probably kind of an overlooked one, because I feel like we probably do move with the trends too much rather than doing our own little thing.
Whenever I find a blogger I love, I want to know everything – where does she shop? How does she do her hair like that? WHAT’S HER BOYFRIENDS SISTERS SHOE SIZE?? Okay maybe not that last one, but I do love to go back and explore through old posts to learn more about them.
Because of this, I try to inject some more of “me” in to the posts, and I think about what I want to see from my favourite bloggers and go from there.
I really think having a personal twist to your content works wonders for creating something unique!

Leave Your Comfort Zone
For the longest time, I thought of myself as a beauty blogger and my posts were mostly exclusively beauty related. Now I’m not sure what I am, but probably I peg myself more under the lifestyle category. Not that it matters, but my point is that you don’t have to stick to one topic (if you don’t wanna).
You probably already feel like you have more to share, whether that’s the odd foodie post, a personal update or even a one-off city guide. You do you.
When I think about my most popular posts, they’re usually the ones that I haven’t seen anyone else do at the time – so it’s definitely something I try and consider when I plan my posts.

Think About Themes
There’s definitely a lot you can do with holidays, seasons, events etc. so sometimes I like to sit with a calendar and plan around what’s coming up.
This could be anything, from autumn related content, to makeup for a friends wedding, or maybe a packing post if you’re off on on holiday any time soon.
Saying that, I think a good mix of random posts and planned seasonal content works really well. Not every post has to be all-out super profesh high-production either, some times the most fun posts are the ones that are casual and light-hearted.

Inspire Yourself
Okay so maybe this is a lazy way out, but it’s something I do every now and again if I need a bit of inspiration. I think it’s okay to feel inspired by other bloggers, but it’s definitely not okay to create some sort of weird shrine to them, so if you’re short on ideas think about what has worked for you in the past.
I like to go back through my archives and look for old posts to see if I can do an updated version, or even a seasonal twist on it.
No doubt your following will have grown since then, so I feel like it’s good to rework old posts – with new photography if you can.

You can definitely have a lot of fun with the blog planning process, so I hope you feel motivated to get prepping! Do you have anything to add to this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment